1 February 2009

Crap bands

I've been going to a few concerts at the Bot Gardens. Generally they've been good, tonight's wasn't. That was unfortunate as I was looking forward to this one - show tunes (Gershwin, Cole Porter etc. not ALWebber crap). The band were tight and had a good vibe, the male vocalist was hitting 80% of his notes and was ok, but the female vocalist. OMG. Flatter than a pre-pubescent. Even if the band had changed down a couple of notes, she still would have been crap. She was, literally, that bad. My friends and I ended up leaving after an hour as it was painful to listen to.

So having wandered up Northland hill twice today, I'm now lying in bed listening to Schubert's 8th trying to relax. I meandered down and back to Mark Hollis' s/t album, which went someway in making me happy after the debacle of the concert. Oh well I guess it was free, and we laughed, a bit. Well until we realised it wasn't deliberate...

Love, B

1 comment:

michael said...

Opening track on Hollis's album is the greatest thing outside sleazy R&B.