19 September 2010

Cooking with Bruce: Prawn, fettucine, roast peppers

This time I haven't changed a thing, and so it's a simple link to a Cuisine recipe. It epitomises everything that's good about Italian cooking; simplicity, speed, and clean tastes. The simple cream based recipe works well with anything, seafood, chicken, vegetables - and I've found lowfat cream (well yeah ok it's UHT) works fine too. That was an accidental find, I'd grabbed the wrong one. But it all tasted the same.

I'm washing it down with a Melton Red from the local Belvoir brewery. It's not too bad, quite bitter in aftertaste, hints of citrus on the palate and nose, finish is very dry so suspect the hops rating is reasonably high. I found it at the local Tesco's, which saved me biking out there - something I had been considering. Good enough that I'll try others from the brewery, but not this one. 2.5/5.

me

No comments: