7 June 2007

Scar II = warning contains images!

So readers will be aware I was considering getting some cutting done (or scarification). Following discussions with various people I decided to go ahead with it last Tuesday. The process itself was interesting, if not very complicated.

those of you slightly squeemish may want to skip this blog...

After cleaning the skin with presumably an antibiotic wash, a template was put on from my design - same as a tattoo. From there the cutting began. Using a scalpel meant it was always going to be reasonably painless (those of you have sliced your fingers with scalpels in the past will understand this), even without anaesthetic. Anyway it makes me seem more manly. No really. The cutting itself took about 40 minutes, didn't feel too bad, no worse than a tattoo - which felt a lot like multiple mosquito bites. Apparently there was a reasonably amount of blood - so I was informed by my adorable photographer S. Good plan to take an ex-ambulance officer along :) even if she found it a bit odd, probably cos it was someone asking to be cut!

After cutting he rubbed in the ashes, and that was by far the most painful part of the whole exercise.

So about an hour total, and then I was on my way. The cutting was done by Intensive Care, who I'd definitely recommend.

Ok, so the pix. First up, cuttting general and close-up.



This is what the cutting looked like before the ash was rubbed in:


And finally, the ash rub.


When it's all healed I'll post another picture.

Love, B.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice. Somehow I had the thought that the whole "F" was going to be dark.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice. I hope it's healing well.
R