26 December 2006

Boxing Day movies Pt I

Boxing Day, traditionally a relaxing family orientated day. So that means BGRADE MOVIES!!! Yes oh yes oh yes...so in today's movie collection of gorgeous class:

Mystery Science Theatre 3000: Hercules against the Moon men.
An Italian-French 50s (?) flick about with some worryingly cheap effects! With the customary MST commentary - not as good as Briggs' (see Samurai Cop review). The legendary Alan Steel obviously had the title role, he's so heroic!!! Mmm coffee is nice. Watch Herc lift trees, flex his pecs, and beat up people! There's even some guy who was either a early Cyborg, or (more likely) came out of one of the Santos movies. But the great thing about Italian bgrades - as mentioned in the marathon review - is the chicks are hot!! Even if they can't act. At all. Some of them make Keira and Orlando look competent.
Ohh my washing is done. I should hang that out. Then I can be clean and have clothes. Not that I'm naked right now. Honest. Had a fun conversation the other day about acquiring a pre-op bf, nice. Sometimes I'm really impressed by me.
I'm also offering IT support advice while drinking coffee, thinking about my washing, watching hercules' pecs twitch erotically - damm I'm multi talented.

I've been watching six feet under on DVD recently. I've never been that keen on redheads, but she's cute. Mmmmm.

Next up we have Blood Freaks. Hmmm I might have already seen this one at a film fest a few years ago. I'll give it a few minutes, but I think it's the ravenous turkeys 'horror'. Truely a masterpiece, the director/lead actor and music writer/editor/producer appear to monopolise most of the roles and behind camera jobs. Excellent! Yeah I have seen it, but hell why not watch some drug addled hippies vs born again and turkeys.

It appears that there's a larger readership of the blog than I realised!! Exciting times. Oohh the born again just took some dope! and now he's being seduced by his girlfriends sister. Excellent! The one doing the seducing is hotter than his girlfriend so I reckon he made a good call there. Herschel (the main dude, and director) is trying to act. It's not pretty. The turkeys were doing a better job. Ooh plot development: Herschel has had two cigarettes, and is now 'hooked' - must be some type of super THC. In an unsurprising plot development, following eating scientists turkey, Herschel has turned into a giant man eating turkey. You following this? Come on...it's not rocket science...actually he's not a man eater, yet. He's confused, and wants to change back. from the girlfriend 'What would our children look like?' Herschel, the giant turkey, appears to have just put his beak where turkeys dont usually go. The girlfriend didnt seem to mind tho'. He's man eating now! and woman eating. Go the equal opportunist turkey-man-monster. You know those times when people say, no expense was spared, this movie isn't one of them.

Well that's part one of the movie reviews done. I'm off for a swim - or at least to see if the pool is open.

Back later, b x

No comments: