3 December 2006

Christmas lights

Now I'm not usually an advocate for violence or wanton destruction. No really. Focussed aggression sure...

But in this weekends DomPost there is an article about some 'vandals' who have destroyed $500 worth of christmas house lights. This is apparently bad. I'm not so sure though. Am I the only person who thinks the idea of lighting up your house over christmas is a really stupid and dumb idea? You spend bollox loads of money to buy lights and then spend more to run them. And all you've achieved is to make visual pollution and cause massive traffic jams as rubberneckers cruise by slowly. So I'm thinking the 'vandals' may need to rewarded or at least commissioned to destroy more house lights...
The article included some wonderful lines "...leaving damaged plastic Santas strewn across the front lawn and a metre-high reindeer on its side." and my favourite "'It is a pity I didn't have a couple of thousand volts going through the eight leads {snip} that would have made their eyes light up a bit' 70-year-old Mr Marley said."

Ahh there's the christmas spirit...

Love, scrooge...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree, I'm rather fond of the Christmas lights. More, I say.