15 December 2006

Graduation

This one is a bit delayed cos our WebSense server decided blogspot was a bad site :-)

I went to the Arts Faculty graduation yesterday, to accept a diploma for Frances. Went with Jos, Liz and Steve and the four of us wandered across the stage to accept the diploma in SSR (France hadn’t finished her thesis for the MA). I thought that was a nice gesture by VUW. Even if it was a lot harder than I thought – actually I didn’t have any idea how I was going to be. But it was good, we chatted to a few people afterwards, nice to see have a chat to David Norton, whose lectures in first year we both enjoyed. Even if we had no idea of each other then – it was a standard joke that I could remember Rach from those lectures, but couldn’t remember the more diminutive member of her retinue :-)
We headed out for dinner (at KK, a nice touch, even if it is my fav restaurant as well...) then came home. Sleep didn’t come too easy and I ended up reading George’s new book til 2ish.
Thanks to Alex for the Ashes updates btw.

No comments: