22 December 2006

This one might be a bit geeky

Having spent the last five days editing images of chromosomes into more traditional karyotypes I'm going to comment on Photoshop. I've been using it since PS3 which was sometime ago. I'm currently playing with the beta for CS3 and I'm happy to report it's good. It's fast on my Intel Mac - a distinct improvement on CS2 which sucks on Intel's.
Have had a quiet few days, karyotyping during the day and chilling in the evenings. My liver and I reached a compromise, and I rested the wee fella for a few days. He's happier about that.
Had a nice dinner on thurs night with friend - although once again I go over to someones place and end up cooking. Oh well, at least it was smoked chicken pasta salad which is quick. Big ups to Marina for making it a relaxing giggly evening.

I've just finished karyotyping a spread which will make it into the paper I'm going to write over the break (yeah how exciting is my Xmas!) with the first demonstration of AluI digestion in reptile chromosomes. And I've printed out the existing chapters to edit bits and pieces.

Xmas day looks like a movie and wine evening - excellent. Not sure who I'll end up boozing with, but at least the plans are there.

I now have some photos of the office and view which I'll get up here in the next day or so. Must be time for some CD reviews soon too. I should also do some Xmas shopping, but I hate crowds and am having such a productive day that I dunno if I'll get downtown...

Me x

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Last year I emailed the penultimate draft of my PhD off to my supervisors at 8.30 pm on X-mas eve. The year before I actually worked on it on X-mas day. How it sucked. I'm glad I don't have to do it this year & I am sorry for everyone still stuck in the trenches.

Yay for drinking and dvds!! We have lots of that scheduled over the next few weeks.