This started off as a reasonably subtle mussel paella, and it works well as that. However I was feeling a bit more spicy this evening and it worked perfectly. Obviously being paella, you can dump anything in it, I used fish and some prawns.
300gm fish chopped into squares
1/4c white wine (or white wine vinegar)
1.5c fish stock
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1c arborio or carnaroli rice
1t spicy cajun mix of your creation
2T chopped parsley
few strands of saffron
(yes ok, I made up some quantities there)
1.preheat oven to 220C, mix the white wine and stock.
2. on a medium heat fry the onion in olive oil under it goes clear
3. add the rice, spices (incl saffron), garlic, black pepper anda bit of salt and mix until the aromas develop.
4. pour in stock and boil for about 5 minutes until it's kinda gloopy.
5. add the seafood, mix for a bit. Then pour into a pan and bake for 15 minutes.
6. remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before devouring.
Admittedly, given how hot it is here, a salad may have been a better plan.
Love, chef B