14 June 2010

Rugby summary

Good weekend for the Southern Hemisphere, and the one Northern team I will be seen supporting.

NZ decimated the Irish. At 38-7 at halftime, the final score of 66-28 was distinctly flattering to the Irish. Two late tries brought some respectability, but really, dunno why they came over.

Aussie v England, where to my surprise I was supporting the Aussies. Well I guess they play decent rugby.   English didn't deserve to win, and no surprises, they didn't. This brings Martin Johnson's record, if one can call it that, to P22 W8 D1 L33, a win percentage of 36%. I know they have a crap team, but surely the coach, who is also head selector, should go. His selections do seem rubbish, and lead to a stilted boring, predictable play.

SA v France. Only caught highlights, but this years 6 nations champs collapsed to a 42-17 loss to SA.

And yay Scotland, who beat the Puma's 24-16. See I said they were the best team in the 6 nations, if not the best or most consistent.

me

No comments: