27 August 2010

Live Movie review

Tonight, accompanied by wine, The Invasion (2007) with Nicole Kidman. A rip-off of the all time classic, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. Ya see what they did there?! Clever Hollywood. First thing that strikes me, bloody product placement is not so subtle here: mountain dew, bose, cisco,nokia.
Being generous in description, the plot concerns : space shuttle crashes with some form of organism, infects humanity (just Americans, evidence of intelligent life?). Kidman appears to be roughing it, waste of her talents (acting, not anything else before you horrible sordid bums comment). Daniel Craig, isn't even trying with the dire scripting he's working with. He's using that British accent the Americans think the Brits have. Which sounds pretty much like nothing I've heard here. Oh awesome, pop psychology, but the dogs know, the dogs know. Clever dogs. They should run away, like the dolphins in Hitchhikers Guide, they've probably read the script, that'd explain the whimpering.
People are throwing up, dying. And yet I'm not engaged. This movie is *really* bad. Oh Mac product placement now. Sheesh.
Oh dear, they've stolen some of the best lines from the original. They've got no impact here, at all. Pop evolutionary psychology! Even better. FFS I've had first years producing better arguments.

On the plus side the movie hasn't gotten any worse, and as the action increased, it may have improved. Slightly. I am not going to comment on the science. It's likely to make me ranty. Nope the pace has gone again, Nicole (she's a doctor, just can't remember her characters name) is fixated on saving her son (sheesh, renewable resource!) and therefore risking everyone else's life. And my wine has finished. I enjoyed the wine. The movie, well it's utter crap. It has no redeeming features, it drags (aside from a 20 minute period, kinda in the middle), there's no boobies, and it's a waste of time. I like bgrades, but this, this hits a 2/10 on the bgrade scale.

I feel dirty having watched it, and probably need to watch the original to cleanse and purify myself.

B

No comments: