29 November 2006

Ahhhh chromosomes

Well I got some, not lots, but hopefully enough to work with. Although staring down microscopes all day isn't going to do a lot for my personality. And I'm getting pissed off with our proxy server which appears to go down *way* too frequently. On the plus side my iPod and I are bonding.

I'm currently looking at the artists impression of the new skyscraper for Paris by Thom Mayne. I like it, kinda organic, smooth, and nifty. If nifty can be used to describe a large building. I'm all for interesting buildings, especially if they provoke people. I like Te Papa, but its not hard to find people who don't. My only concern on this one is: does Paris need another skyscaper? One of the things I really like about Paris is its lack of tall buildings. Bloody marvellous idea that. So do they need one? But for all that the choices so far seem good, this looks cool and the Louvre's glass pyramid is very cool. So perhaps I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Not that I suspect they'll care too much about one bloggers opinion in New Zealand.

I think I'll go shopping now.

B x

No comments: