29 November 2006

Free trip !!!

There’s something about staring down microscopes that is really bad for the head!! Must be the bright lights and weird purple blobs sliding past really quickly. Who needs drugs eh? I get tripped for free!! Now that would really screw up the black market economy...hmmm maybe I should start marketing it?

But I have managed to listen to some new music and in particular The Lost Levels self titled album, or rather EP. It's kind of electro-pop, but using 1980's sounding synthesisers, a little like Athletes first album, but more synth. The album has got a bit of a theme, a computer game - which is supposed to tie in with the style of music. I liked it. Very catchy and good hooks, probably just as well that it was an EP as I think an LP would have been very hard to maintain. But this works well. The lyrics are nice and psychedelic and a reasonable reference point for the singer would be early Steve Wilson (from Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair, or On The Sunday of Life era). The album is quirky, interesting, and fun. So gets a nice thumbs up from me. You can find it at Burning Shed here.

Okey dokey, back to the lab...

b xxx

No comments: