20 November 2006

Needles

I'm quite excited today as I'll be sticking needles into defenceless reptiles. It's been awhile since I did that, and to be honest, I've missed it. I spent last week checking my samples and decided that the chromosomes had degenerated a bit too much for the work I want to do on them, so I need some fresh ones.

In other news I did far too much labwork last week and was pretty shagged by Saturday. So after a bit of work in the morning, I headed home around 1-ish. And found beer. Macs White beer, which was very nice. I did housework, I finished restoring my harmonium (which I'll post something about with pictures at some point), watched TV and drank. This included the metal show from the night before - huzzah to extreme metal. Then some Porcupine Tree, and Pink Floyd. Odd. And beer. People rang me during this, and were somewhat disturbed by my mood. I was disturbed by my mood. It was so happy, and jolly, and odd. And so I wandered along to an engagement party - yay Fin and Tom!! And had a great time.

Sunday morning wasn't as bad I thought it could be. I learnt sometime ago that a bottle of Powerade before bedtime after the odd drink does wonders for the hangover. Having said that, getting up at 8am to get to the pub for the rugby at 9 was tough. But all credit to the French for having late games, 9am is far better than those stupid poms and their 4am starts. Everyone seems to be complaining about what a crap game it was, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Good intense test match.

But a quiet day after that, ended up watching Godfather 1 again. Ahhh. Great movie.

Ohhh excitement a friend emailed me to say she liked my blog!! hee hee big ups to you!!

Topics coming up: Diapsida vs Anapsida. Don't miss it, it's controversial, interesting, and full of holes - literally!!!

B.

No comments: