14 November 2006

Old #4

aturday, November 11, 2006

Alejandro Jodorowsky
Current mood: sore

I was going to post some stuff about the movie marathon, but I think I might wait until I've got a list (richard? steve?) and work from that. But the undoubted highlight was The Holy Mountain see a link and all! Quite an emo moment seeing Alejandro Jodorowsky on the big screen. I've seen Santa Sangre and loved that, but THM was something else. An ideal choice after 20 hours of movies, caffeine, and ummm strawberries. Yeah I have an addiction to strawberries. What of it? Oh and the movie? weird, trippy, psychedelic, indulgent, visionary etc etc

Oh brief count: 8 Vs; 5 espressos; 2 phoenix cola's; 5 beers

My head hurts, caffeine induced I figure, so its a quiet day. Actually the stereo is blasting but I'll pretend its a quiet day.

I'm heading back to my newspapers and orange juice now. I've had no coffee today. I'm absurdly proud of that!

B.
np: chris rees - cool music, cool guy

Currently listening :
Sweetest Ache
By Christopher Rees
Release date: By 21 October, 2004


___
hursday, November 09, 2006

Sleep is for the wicked!
Current mood: Dormant

24 hours of movie madness kicks off this afternoon. Woohoo. Then a gig with Phoenix Foundation, Little Bushman, etc (or a party) then the NZ v France test match on Sunday morning. Guess there's not much room for sleep or sordid behaviour this weekend!!
The new Pineapple Thief album arrived yesterday and first impressions are that its great. Think OK Computer Radiohead, but with the 'thiefs take on it. On a few tracks Bruce sounds more like Thom than Thom does :-)
For those of you at the film fest, I'll be wearing the t-shirt...

I've just finished recoding a bunch of tables in HTML. This sucks. And I couldnt cut and paste as MS Frontpage screws formatting up. Yeah who'd have thought. Sigh. Oh well, at least I've started tidying up the pages and moving from FPage as it won't run on my Mac (huzzah!).

Music this morning: Pineapple Thief, Rogues Gallery (very cool), Flaming Lips, and now Depeche Mode.

Feel free to text me at odd hours this weekend

Currently listening :
98';return true;" onmouseout="window.status='';return true;">The Singles 86>98
By Depeche Mode
Release date: By 06 October, 1998

___

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ahhh Tuesdays
Current mood: busy

It's been a funny week, or rather week n a bit. My mate got married on Saturday which was a lovely. The champagne brekkie beforehand was also lovely, and lead to singing of the Night at the Opera album. Then we headed to the wedding, and impressively my mate had gold-tops on rather than rugger socks. Well done Smackers!

Since there was a bit of time between the wedding and reception we headed to Katipo cafe, had a beer (well it was midday!), and continued wandering to the reception. Was great to catch up with people I hadn't seen for sometime (the last time was a funeral...so this was definitely preferrable). Lots of nice vege food which was expected :-) and lots of seafood, so I was happy. Strangely I wasn't anywhere near intoxicated. Go me. Headed back to my place and watched Garden State (highly recommended, especially the soundtrack as its got Iron and Wine and Nick Drake on it - how can it fail!), and then Alices Restaurant which oddly I hadn't seen. This isn't the best movie. It is, I suspect, best seen under the influence of 'stuff', but a couple of drinks later we got into the groove and started pulling the piss. And voila, it clicked. A slow meander down the road to the waterfront to watch the fireworks capped off a slightly weird but fun day. Capped off with a nice cup of lemon and honey tea with Suz and curling up with my book (without Suz before malicious gossip starts!).

Sunday was spent staring down a microscope at some really hot and sexy chromosomes. Mine in fact. But my blood cultures worked really well so I've got a great positive control for the upcoming work. Big ups to Chris Thorn and Al Rowlands for the slightly changed protocol.

Monday was spent planning labwork for the next few weeks. And cleaning out a freezer so I could find my samples. Even found stuff I'd forgotten I had. Very exciting times.

Tuesday, ahhh, Tuesday. You know those conversations which could go *really* badly? Yeah one of those, it went better than I'd expected. Probably cos the recipient is really really sweet, lovely, and gorgeous. And I'm a bit too screwed up at the moment :-( But I do feel better post-talk.
Strangely for such a garrulous chap, I'm leaving it at that.

Went to the ballet yesterday (Giselle) which was great. See I'm sensitive! Dammit! That or I like buggering with peoples heads, your call dear reader.

Well it's back to the lab now, am anxiously waiting my headphones to be shipped as i'm suffering without music while I'm walking around.

Currently listening :
Free
By Osi
Release date: By 30 May, 2006

___

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Weird
Current mood: uncomfortable

I feel tired. I guess there are deep reasons for that. So this is a blah blog. I'm listening to The Who and am scared at how similar Townshend sounds like Peter Cetera (No Road Romance as an example). Odd. But there ya go.
Currently reading some online comics (www.tmcm.com) and wearing the Pineapple Thief T-shirt, conincidently the new album was shipped today. Woohoo. Go Bruce and the lads, you rock. I've been listening to the sampler disc of the new album, and its freaky how much Bruce Soord sounds like Thom Yorke. Possibly even more so than Thom does. If that makes any sense.

I've cut down my coffee intake - does it show? i'm down to two (sometimes three) cups a day. I doubt it'll affect my personality too much. I mean I'm hardly sweetness and light at the best of times.

Off to the movies tonight, Tristram and Shandy, which should be good. Then I suspect I'll end up at a cafe, then the jazz bar. Sometimes I reckon my Wednesday has become too predictable. But on the plus side I remembered to tape the Simpsons tonight, and Bro'Town. Go me. Yeah I rock.

I was going to post a rant at some point about something that annoys me, but really today is not the day.
The mood choice for today is only cos my boxers have twisted and the lads are feeling a bit sore.

I (K) you all.

___

No comments: