6 May 2010

Civic duty

I voted this morning so that I can complain with the best of british about the countries leadership. It's been interesting hearing about the trials of a 'hung' parliament, having lived under proportional representation for long enough I have no clear idea why you'd want FPP anyway. The biggest problem with FPP is that it does lead, naturally, to a two party system. And to be honest, I like the concept of having the Green's sitting around.

But the highlight, for me and the office, has been the BNPs suggestion to remove foreigners and other non-white Brits by kicking them out with a 50,000 pound bonus. Awesome.
The BNP is not known for its intelligence, or looks, and so haven't considered how other countries would feel with a bunch of new immigrants - or how they'd respond to the Brits already working in their countries.

Fun times.

I have no beer at home, which I may fix later, otherwise I'll be sipping a coffee and watching the Brooker/Mitchell/Carr take on the election in lieu of music night.

Having a rather pissy day at work. I haven't hit anyone, but I've considered it. A lot.

Me

1 comment:

Scott said...

That BNP policy makes me want to move to the UK just to get the payout when I have to leave!