13 May 2010

Metal roundup

Another in the irregular metal update of stuff I like, or don't or something. I'm in a pissy mood, and I'm drinking, so that tends to make things heavier (I've just been spinning Bloodbath and Borknager). In a change from my usual wandering around YouTube, I've decided to scrobble to Last.Fm using Spotify so you can see what I've sat through.

I'm not usually a fan of thrash, but this, by Kreator, is an interesting mix of melodic metal and thrash.


I've killed my tonic supplies, so no more V n T for me. The beer I don't like has been drunk (that's how desperate things were), and I'm now enjoying a merlot with my (superb) laksa and metal. It's an odd mix, but I like it.
And now a video from a band I've been lucky enough to see live. I do like metal gigs, there's an odd sense of camaraderie. Particularly in Wellington where there were so few grind/black metal gigs.



A quick dalliance with Ex Deo 'Romulus' which I've mentioned before, some Dimmu Borgir (which I've mentioned many times). Now some Behemoth, a band I'm currently getting into. I've got their most recent album, which I like, without being grabbed by it. But it's got that certain something suggesting it's a grower, so I'm sticking with it. Check out Ov Fire and the Void from the new album. Here's an earlier song of theirs:



I'm not sure what look the next band were going for, emo, goth, punk, nu-metal, glam - anyway I quite like the song and video:


Some Iced Earth followed (how does he get his voice that high, freeky), and now Satyricon. I have a soft spot for this vid, it's not very heavy, but it rocks along quite nicely.



And nothing else really took my interest. Mmm feeling much better now after an intensive dose of metal therapy.

Love, me

No comments: