13 May 2010

Slight pisht Queen post

Queen - Greatest Video Hits 2After an evening of metal to gently assuage my issues, I've moved onto Queen for a happy sing-a-long. Greatest Hits II DVD since you ask. Hence the image, yeah it wasn't that hard to work out really.
My whisky has emptied. I should fix that.

Anyway, the good doctors prescription has worked a treat. He really is a genius that man. Shame he's given up reptilian evolution for the sexual gratification of IT.

There was a point to this post. Watching I Want It All, which is one of my favourite Queen tracks. Actually The Miracle was the album that hooked me good and proper, and was the first ever CD I bought. I didn't have a CD player, I had to beg usage of the younger siblings (as an aside, also the kind of doctor who would prescribe booze) CD player. Ahhh good times.
The video has Roger drumming away in a leather jacket, whcih unless you're a hardcore Queen fan wouldn't mean much. But it's a one-off for the single Manipulator from his other band 'The Cross'. And it's one of my favourite tracks from the Cross, although for some reason it never made it onto an album. Hence my 12" of Manipulator is a prized possession.

So here's the single version of manipulator (from the live gig in Montreux), and the video for I Want it All. At some point I must blog about my views on the Freddie and Michael Jackson tracks...





back to booze!

2 comments:

The Rose and Dragon said...

I believe I have been heavily implicated in this post :)
J

Pachyderm said...

Mmm, Queen.