26 April 2009

In Bruce we trust, Network toys

Today? well it's pissing down so I'm curled up on the chair thinking about a nice glass of wine or beer - since I only had two all yesterday (but let's not talk about Friday).

I did head into work to try and recover data from a couple of computers. Which I did successfully, to the relief of their owners. But FFSake who doesn't run backups? I've had three data recoveries to do over the last two weeks. Two of them I've got everything back, and the third probably 90-95% back. But still - backups people!! For those of you not on MacOS 10.5 and the superb TimeMachine, you can still drag n drop stuff to an external harddrive. Do you really wanna lose all those photos? the pr0n you've downloaded? There's masses off small apps that will run backups for you on Windows...

Speaking of which, I was getting a bit paranoid about mine, and in particular the iTunes library. So I've invested in a small NAS so I can run that as a multimedia center through the AppleTV as well. I'll let you know how that goes when it's arrived (has a 1TB drive in it, with space for a 2nd if I want to RAID it). I'm intending to tidy up my DVDs lying around the place and get them on there.
Figure the iTunes library can live there and be dragged to the 750GB FW800 drive periodically for redundency. Oohh I could write a script for that. No no no stop it. Geek !!!

I think it's wine weather and a nice classic movie, probably Errol Flynn.

Will just read the paper first.

Me xxx

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It is quite annoying when someone deletes all your music and accuses you of breaching copyright;)

Anonymous said...

Geek. And it was 26 and fine here today. :) J