3 April 2009

It's been a good week

The feckin' rollout has finished. I actually have time to do my job, which has meant that my team now has a leader (ok, me), and I'm beginning to implement my plans I've had on hold for the last few months. The newbies in the team appear to be working out well, which I thought they would. Both fit nicely in the team personality-wise and are picking up the quirkiness of the environment well.
Aside from that, Marillion and some Swedish prog-metal were played at the music quiz last night. Karl did say that I now had no reason to turn up, which is true.
The other plus side, Scot mentioned that Island Bay New World had a special on St Peter's Grapefruit beer as it was due to expire. So I picked up six bottles at $4 each. Just had one, I really love that beer. Clean, crisp, slightly bitter. Superb. As is the whisky, which is purely medicinal to clear up a sore throat - SMWS Springbank and some Dun Bheagan 8yo Talisker (cheap and yet very nice - not very complex tho).

Catching up on TV at the moment, Breaking Bad S2, QI DVDs, Dollhouse, House. Nice evening :)

me xx

No comments: