23 April 2009

Quizzage!!!

Big night for our music quizzage team last night, the regulars all turned up, we were pumped - as we'd found a $5 spirits pub beforehand. G-blonde saw that the QualityHotel on Cuba had specials on, so we went. This place was scary, it looked and felt like a waiting room for judgement day. It was so impersonal as to have become a cliche of itself. Awesome. the bartender, Corry, seemed nice enough and was ok with us just yelling orders to him :)

I headed to the pub to find us a seat (good plan, all bar one of the tables had been taken) while k-dawg and G-blonde got food.

We came second after some stunning rounds, particulary on 90s dance music - admittedly S2H and I weren't the best there (I did know Mark Morrison return of the mac...released about the sametime as his jobness came back (1996 and 1997 respectively!!)). But go team !!!

Final song was Meatloaf, which led to a Steinman walk home - well after the Tragically Hip had finished (the superb Fully Completely). Went for Bad for Good. Which is pretty good description of the album over all :)

Again, huzzah team!!!

Love, B

3 comments:

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

If it's something I want then it's something I need
I wasn't built for comfort I was built for speed

Haha...way to sell yourself, Jim!

S2H said...

Hey, I spotted that the last song during the 90s party music round wasn't Cypress Hill but was House Of Pain's "Jump Around" instead!

Last night's success says that we should look forward to 'hard' quiz evenings - because when things get a bit obscure (i.e., not the normal 70s rock / 80s pop the quiz tends to get filled with) we know more, on average, that the other regular teams!

G-Blonde said...

Last time we came second, I kissed 3 men (including the F-man "Thai me Kangaroo down mate!" - hence my subsequent troubles) all in the one night - the price I paid for that placing was not worth it! At least this time, we got it on pure skill!! As you said yourself, Huzzah!!