18 April 2009

International Record Store Day

To me, as important as Halloween is to the emo kids, the day dawned clear, sunny, and I got up. Did washing, cleaned the house, listened to music, and generally prepared myself for wandering into town.
Did some shopping, then headed to SlowBoat my indie record shop of choice. Quite crowded, so I wandered around intending to buy stuff, caught a little of Cassette's gig (I headed up to Real Groovy in the meantime), I liked the new stuff, so should really pick up that album.
So what did I buy? Well Scott 4 on vinyl, mmm Scott Walker, he really is the shizzle, Tilt and The Drift would be making it on a must own list of mine. So thought I should get some more of the early stuff. Also picked up The Handsome Family "Honey Moon". Sounds good so far. So lots of new stuff this weekend. Sorted my Sunday...

The 'canes won, currently 3rd on the table, admittedly not everyone has played, but woohoo.

Watched Red Dwarf (meh), drank beer (great - Morland Hen's Tooth). Talked to S, who suggested I have another beer while I watched OngBak2. The beer was crap (Golden Draak) so bad I tipped it out and ate some toast + marmalade to clear the palate. Whisky awaits.

Just need to get enthusiasm to move...

Addendum: I moved, I got whisky. And then a bloody moth went into it. It's not freekin tequila goddamnit.
I got another.

2 comments:

michael said...

'Scott 4' is the one all the critics rave over, but no percussionists pummeling sides of meat or anything.

Have an old Walker Bros comp where he sings such classics as 'Land of 1000 Dances'... it's quite shit, but fascinating.

S said...

Hahahaha - see god was telling you to drink the beer not the whisky.... you just werent paying attention!